Monday, November 16, 2009

High School Revisited....

High School Revisited!

This year is my 10th anniversary of High School graduation. I don’t know what happened with my Class of ’99, but I haven’t heard about any events to celebrate. Perhaps they left me off the invitation list (teary eyed).

I enjoyed High School. I even remember most of the words to the Alma Mater and enjoy singing it on occasion. The great memories of classes, teachers, athletics, friends, etc. I can’t believe it has been 10 years!

God is good! Even if my classmates abandoned me, God has not (Is 49.15). My first year in the priesthood, in the Year for Priests, God has brought me to John Paul II Catholic High School in Tallahassee…Go Panthers!

Over these past few months since the academic year began I’ve had the opportunity to relive the excitement of High School simply being in their presence. Once a month I offer Mass on Friday and if there are other events going on, such as this coming weekend, they will perform Charles Dickens’, A Christmas Carol, I’ll try to attend. I’ve enjoyed attending the various Fall sports, however, I must admit that I’d rather be playing than watching. Recently, the girl’s volleyball team won the Regional Championship and will advance to the State Finals this week…once again…Go Panthers!

I couldn’t think of a better way to spend my 10th anniversary! Thanks JPII!!

Father Will Ganci

2 comments:

  1. Father Nicholas SchummNovember 24, 2009 at 11:56 AM

    Go Catholic High Crusaders!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Padre Will

    Thanks for choosing the best profession in the world.

    Sorry for not being invited.

    Welcome to the MISSERABLES
    the no invited
    the no welcome

    You are lucky being the priest of John Paul II
    and congratulation to the girl's volleyball.

    Keep the good job.

    Rosa Maria

    ReplyDelete