Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Silence Is [BETTER THAN] Golden

This week I’m going on my first personal retreat as a priest. Actually, I’m writing this “last minute” because I realized this is due for post while I’m still on silence.

I would simply like to say that I’m very much looking forward to this and have been accumulating my desires for the retreat over the past weeks in preparation for it. I’ll share one: to savor more deeply the Trinity’s work in the many, many experiences of pastoral labor in the vineyard thus far. My metaphor for parish priesthood over the past few months has been like being in a river of grace, tempted to swim upstream, but needing to just flow..flow..flow..(thankfully)with it! I pray retreat time with the Lord will help me marvel at the stream He’s provided me to be in as His Son’s priest.

Pray with me and for me in the Silence that Is BETTER THAN Golden!

Father Will Ganci

1 comment:

  1. Father Will, may God continue to bless you and strengthen you. During your retreat may the Holy Spirit guide you, and deepen your love for Christ and the church. God willing, I pray that you share your gifts with the Good Shepherd Parish for many days to come. - Todd Gardner

    ReplyDelete